Formed in 1984 by Walter L. Rugland, Sr. and Paul Groth, the Appleton Medical Center Foundation is a non-profit corporation that serves as the philanthropic arm of Appleton Medical Center.
Comprised of community representatives, our foundation creates, supports, and funds healthcare initiatives, such as specialized medical technology and programs, that promote health and wellness in the community.
Originally called Appleton Memorial Hospital when it opened its doors in 1958, Appleton Medical Center strives to provide the best possible medical care at a reasonable cost to anyone in need.
The hospital features state-of-the-art equipment and care facilities, much of which has been made possible through our foundation. We’ve provided financial support for many projects at Appleton Medical Center, including:
- The Martha Siekman Cancer Center
- The Appleton Heart Institute
- The Breast Center
- Renovations to the Inpatient Oncology Unit and Emergency Services Department
- The Schubbe All-Faith Chapel
- High Hopes Salon
- Learning Center for Collaborative Care
Learn more about Appleton Medical Center