Our Community

Our History
Established in 1997, Theda Clark Medical Center Foundation is a non-profit corporation that serves as the philanthropic arm of Theda Clark Medical Center.

Comprised of community representatives, our foundation supports the legacy of this facility by creating and funding hospital healthcare initiatives, such as medical technology and programs that make it possible to provide high-quality, low-cost care to members of our community.

Our Community
Opened in 1909 as Theda Clark Memorial Hospital, Theda Clark Medical Center is dedicated to the life of Theda Clark Peters. Daughter of philanthropist and Kimberly-Clark cofounder C.B. Clark, Theda died in 1903 from complications following childbirth.

Her family donated $96,000 to build a hospital in her memory, and later donated another $50,000 to establish a fund to pay for care for those who couldn’t afford it. It is in this spirit of philanthropy that our foundation exists—to support an excellent medical facility that has served its community for more than 100 years.

Learn more about Theda Clark Medical Center