Need help to lose weight? Check out these local options.
Our community is full of resources, help and support to encourage you in your effort to lose weight. Follow-up on just one of these ideas - and start feeling better about yourself, today!
- Sign up for a community class on diet, nutrition or exercise. Click here to see our current program offerings.
- Check out your local YMCA, or a variety of local fitness clubs or gyms for a variety of exercise options.
- Join a local walking or running group.
- Start watching what you eat, online. There are many website to help you easily keep a food diary. A food diary will help you understand exactly what you are eating and how much. Most of us think we know this...and when we write it down, we're usually surprised!
- Try any number of popular weight loss programs, and go with one you can stick with for the long haul.
- Make an appointment with your doctor. Your doctor wants you to be healthy - for so many reasons! And if you'd benefit from additional support from a dietitian or personal trainer, or from learning more about bariatric surgery, your doctor will connect you.