The Privacy and Comforts of Home
From your first step into the Family Birth Center at Appleton Medical Center, you know you’re in a special place. Natural light and quiet hallways make your private suite a calm, relaxing environment.
Designed with input from patients and medical staff, the Family Birth Center at Appleton Medical Center offers you the full range of care during delivery:
- Private birthing suites accommodate both your baby’s birth and the family time that follows with a reclining twin bed, twin-sized sleeper sofa, TV, DVD player, refrigerator, microwave, whirlpool tub, and spa shower.
- C-section rooms are ready and waiting when the birth center needs to handle planned or unplanned C-sections.
- Spacious postpartum rooms give you and your family a comfortable place to bond with your baby. You’ll have a full-sized reclining bed, microwave, coffee maker, walk-in spa shower, sound-muffling walls, and a special sink for bathing your baby.
Postpartum suites encircle an airy nursery with windows on three sides, meaning your baby will never be far away as you rest and recover.
If Your Baby Needs Extra Care
You naturally hope your baby will arrive perfectly healthy. While that’s almost always the case, sometimes newborns need added attention to thrive. Our level 2 nursery is ready to provide:
- Intravenous antibiotics
- Oxygen support
- Medical assistance with feeding
- Intervention to maintain body temperature
Two postpartum suites adjoin this higher level nursery so you can be right next door while you care for your baby. In fact, when the special care nursery holds only one infant, you may open the door to the space to feel as if you’re in the same room with your little one.
If additional specialized services are needed, our partners at Theda Birth Center also provide a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).
Learn more about high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care
Schedule a Tour
If you’d like to take a look at the birth center, or if you’d like more information on any of our services, please contact the Family Birth Center at 920-738-6546.
Showing Off Your Bundle of Joy
You are welcome to invite visitors to the birth center any time, day or night.