Got Ya’ Covered
Under the ACA, you’ll be more fully engaged in your own care. Sound overwhelming? It doesn’t have to be. At ThedaCare, we’re excited about this and ready to help you figure out your new role! We’ve been partnering with our patients for years and are tops in the state for outstanding care in key preventive and chronic conditions. Our hospital and other services also offer high quality care.
We make it easy to stay connected to your care through:
- MyThedaCare.org, where you can send a message to your provider, check test results and medical histories, and request an appointment…from wherever you are!
- Our combined electronic medical record and After Visit Summary. You’ll be up-to-speed with doctors’ notes and next steps for treatment, and your care team will be talking with each other and sharing information across locations and specialties. You take home the After Visit Summary to use as a reference. “The summary is printed right in the appointment room,” said Dr. Luke Tremble, pediatrician, Appleton. “Patients like this. It has everything in writing. With pediatrics, for example, there can be distractions, and this way all the information is covered.”
- ThedaCare At Home’s remote health monitoring for chronic conditions and in-home support systems that let your care team check your vitals even while you’re at home.
- Onsite clinics and wellness programs from ThedaCare At Work so you can stay healthy on the job. For example, our own Dr. Kaye Theryl practices onsite for the employees at Appvion.
Focus on Prevention
Don’t take this the wrong way…but we really don’t want to see you back in our hospitals. We’re guessing you feel the same! For years, we’ve focused on preventive care, like mammograms and colonoscopies, keeping you healthy through screenings, and a doctor network that acts like a home base for you and your family. The good news is the ACA takes that to the next level.
If you have a new health plan, or your current plan took effect on or after Sept. 23, 2010, you’re now covered for pre-existing conditions. You can also access many preventive services without needing to pay a copay or co-insurance, or meet your deductible (if the services are delivered by a network provider). These preventive services are called essential health benefits (EHBs) and include 10 areas of care. For a complete list, check out the Essential Health Benefits listing.
In this new world, not only do you have easier, full-covered access to this kind of preventive care, you’ll also receive it from physicians who are best-in-state at delivering it. ThedaCare Physicians ranks #1 in overall quality based on performance data from the Wisconsin Collaborative for Healthcare Quality. We excel at:
- Breast cancer screening
- Colorectal screening
- Cervical cancer screening
- Pediatric screening and safety measures like vaccinations and weight monitoring
- Day-to-day disease management for chronic conditions like diabetes
If you do wind up in our hospitals, our improved care results through ThedaCare’s highly-coordinated care model often means shorter stays. Your doctor, nurse, pharmacist and care coordinator (aka your helper and guide during your stay) meet with you and your family immediately after your admission. That means you only tell your story once and you participate in planning your care. We walk beside you step by step to help you navigate those tricky, confusing areas of the healthcare system.
So, there you have it. Our first goal is to keep you healthy. Period. The ACA gives us even more tools to do that. But if you do get sick, don’t worry. ThedaCare has you covered.