The Trauma Center at Theda Clark Medical Center is the longest continuously verified Level II trauma center in Northeast Wisconsin. We’ve earned this verification because our Trauma Center provides:
- 24-hour coverage by board-certified emergency medical physicians and specialists in trauma surgery, neurosurgery, neurology, orthopedic surgery, cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, plastic surgery, and ophthalmic surgery
- A partnership with Children’s Hospital of WI-Fox Valley to provide pediatric trauma specialists
- Cardiac surgery, hemodialysis, and microvascular surgery
- Continuing education to EMS and referring hospital team members and a commitment to trauma prevention
- A dedication to advancing trauma care through a comprehensive quality improvement program
Effective Trauma Care
No matter what the situation, our staff provides the most concentrated and sophisticated level of care. We approach multiple-injury trauma by calling a Trauma Blue, which alerts and gathers our extensive trauma team. Working together as one unit, the team of about 14 people comes together to provide the needed skills and assessments to stabilize patients and give them the best outcome possible.
Find out what kind of trauma situations are considered Trauma Blue:
Trauma Blue Guidelines (PDF)
The Trauma Center is specially equipped with trauma treatment rooms, on-site diagnostic tools such as CT and MRI technology, operating suites, an intensive care unit, and a dedicated neurological unit.
A Reputation for Success
The National Trauma Data Bank shows that the Trauma Center at Theda Clark on average treats patients with more severe injuries than Level I or Level II centers nationwide, but has a lower mortality rate than its peers. We do this by providing the highest quality trauma care for all injured patients.