Midwest Bariatric Solutions and ThedaCare offer a comprehensive program that respects and supports you while you explore a range of options.
When Diets Aren’t the Problem
If you are obese and have already struggled through unsuccessful weight loss attempts, you may be a candidate for bariatric surgery. There are three types of procedures available through ThedaCare:
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass: Our most common and successful surgery, this procedure restricts the size of the stomach by partially bypassing the small intestine. It provides the fastest and most complete loss of excess weight.
- OBERA Gastric Balloon: A reversible, non-surgical weight loss procedure which means no incisions, stitches, or scars. A balloon is placed in stomach for 6 months to reinforce portion control while working with our team of experts to establish healthy habits. This procedure is FDA approved for weights loss with BMI between 30 to 40. Click here to calculate your BMI. To learn more or schedule a consultation, call us at 920-725-4527.
- Gastric Sleeve Resection: Sometimes a better choice for people with significant medical problems, this procedure removes approximately two-thirds of the stomach. It also allows for future procedures if a patient regains weight.
On average, people will lose a total of 125-150 pounds within 1 year or later after bariatric surgery, and approximately 75% of patients maintain significant weight loss after 5 years. As a side benefit to bariatric surgery, most patients see a reduction or elimination of other medical conditions such as sleep apnea, hypertension, diabetes, fertility problems, acid reflux, and joint pain.
Get With the Program!
You don’t have to explore bariatric surgery alone. As we determine whether or not you are eligible for surgery, we’ll work together to build skills and find out if you’re ready for this lifelong change. You’ll receive:
- Nutritional education and guidance
- Professional exercise training
- Emotional support and counseling
- Help with insurance considerations
In fact, the most effective program combines nutrition, diet and exercise with education and counseling. ThedaCare’s Behavioral Health Specialists can help you explore perceptions about how being overweight affects you psychologically and socially. Specially trained to understand your challenges, your behavioral specialist will listen to your concerns and help develop a strategy to improve your weight-loss success.
Attend one of our free informational seminars to find out if bariatric surgery is a good option for you. Call (920) 830-6877 or 800-236-2236 to register.
Learn more about informational sessions
Meet the Staff at Midwest Bariatric Solutions and Theda Clark Medical Center