Senior VP of Hospitals Leaves Important Legacy at ThedaCare
Kathryn Correia, ThedaCare Senior Vice President and President of Appleton Medical Center (AMC) and Theda Clark Medical Center, has announced she is leaving ThedaCare to become the President and CEO of HealthEast Care System in St. Paul, Minnesota. She will take over for the current CEO, who will be retiring, effective January 1, 2012.
"This is a wonderful opportunity for both Kathryn and her family, and a chance for her to play an even bigger role in the effort to improve U.S. healthcare," said ThedaCare President and CEO, Dean Gruner, MD. "We know Kathryn will excel in her new position, and we wish her all the best."
Correia has been a pillar at ThedaCare for 18 years. She joined in 1993 as the first Senior Vice President of physician services and was vital in involving ThedaCare Physicians at a system level, rather than primarily as referral partners, Gruner said.
In her most recent position as President of AMC and Theda Clark Medical Center, Correia:
- Made significant contributions on the System Leadership Team and integral in building ThedaCare into what it is today.
- Oversaw major construction projects at both AMC and Theda Clark.
- Led the affiliation with Appleton Cardiology Associates.
- Played a key role in developing the Collaborative Care initiative, as well as in its spread at both AMC and Theda Clark.
- Took a leadership role in spreading our ThedaCare Improvement System (TIS) forward at a hospital level.
- Co-led our system-wide horizontal thinking strategic initiative.
- Served on the Community Foundations and Goodwill of NE Wisconsin boards.
- Has been active in our communities through her co-leadership of the Go Red for Women heart care campaign, as well as her involvement on the Red Cross board.
"We are incredibly grateful for Kathryn’s leadership and service during her time with us," Dr. Gruner said. "Her appointment to this position is a great nod of respect to ThedaCare’s ability to develop its leaders on a truly outstanding level nationally."
Correia’s last day at ThedaCare will be December 2, 2011. The system has already initiated planning to fill her position and outline a more complete transition plan. "We have strong leaders at all levels at both AMC and Theda Clark and throughout ThedaCare. I am confident in our ability to continue delivering quality patient care, as well as maintain momentum on our key initiatives until Kathryn’s position is filled," Dr. Gruner said.
"ThedaCare has given me tremendous opportunity to contribute and to make a difference. The passion and work of the staff, volunteers, physicians and leaders is inspirational, and I am grateful to have been a part of it. I will miss each and every one of them," said Correia.
Prior to joining ThedaCare, Correia served as Vice President, Ambulatory Care Centers, at Geisinger Health System in Ohio and previously as Vice President of Operations at Central Ohio Medical Group.
ThedaCare™ is a community health system consisting of five hospitals: Appleton Medical Center, Theda Clark Medical Center, New London Family Medical Center, Shawano Medical Center, and Riverside Medical Center in Waupaca. ThedaCare also includes ThedaCare Physicians, ThedaCare Behavioral Health, and ThedaCare at Home. ThedaCare is the largest employer in Northeast Wisconsin with more than 6,175 employees. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
For more information, media may contact Megan Wilcox (email@example.com), APR, corporate and public relations specialist for ThedaCare, at (920) 830-5847 or (920) 716-1370(Cell).