- 1 loaf French baguette, whole wheat
- For the tzatziki:
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp. white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1 cloves garlic (minced finely)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (strained)
- 1 English cucumber (peeled, seeded, diced)
- 1 tsp. fresh dill (chopped)1 package cold salmon
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, cumin and pepper in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add the olive oil mixture to the yogurt, mix well.
- Add the cucumber and chopped fresh dill.
- Chill for at least two hours before serving.
- When ready, slice bread thin (1/4 inch or less) and toast in 350° oven for 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove bread from oven, let cool.
- While cooling, thinly slice the salmon.
- Top the toasted bread with rolled sliced salmon, a small amount of tzatziki and fresh dill (lemon zest is also a good topping).
Yield: 2 dz. crostini
Nutritional Information per 2 pieces:
Fat: 3.5 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Protein: 10 g
Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Sodium: 65 mg
Cholesterol: 25 mg