We’ve got your back
As you learn about the ACA and begin to adjust to lifestyle changes from healthcare reform, some of your best sources for insights can be found locally. ThedaCare supports health events from farmers markets to New London’s Warrior Princess Mud Run to the Fox Cities Marathon. We also have the classes, education and programs that keep you in the know about managing your health. Check out our resources at work in the community each day.
Personal Resources for You
Our classes cover a variety of topics to help you manage your health, including: births and babies, health and wellness, nutrition and diabetes education, parent connection, cancer care and more. We offer them at an array of locations, dates and times so you can find one that’s convenient for you. For a complete listing of classes, visit www.thedacare.org.
Take back control of your health through our diabetes education program, which combines information about your condition with behavioral change, diet advice and lifestyle tips to put you in charge of your diabetes. Not the other way around.
Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP)
A seven-week program designed to help you lower high levels of blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol, heartburn, angina and to lessen depression. We’ve had more than 700 graduates since 2009. For more information on CHIP, visit www.thedacareatwork.org or call (920)831-1905.
Maybe you’re trying to quit. Maybe you wish a loved one would. We have the support you need in our smoking cessation program.
Trying to make sense of food labels? The struggle just got a little easier. Our dieticians approved the NuVal Rating System used locally by Festival Foods, which relies on a simple 1-100 scale. The higher the score, the better the nutrition.
We’ve also partnered with local restaurants throughout Northeast Wisconsin in an initiative called eatsmart! to make it easy to choose healthy, great tasting foods at your favorite lunch or dinner spot.
Nutrition shouldn’t take a break simply because you’re in the hospital. Our executive chef and his team keep food healthy and flavorful for patients and guests alike. Plus, we use a simple color system to help you easily choose healthy foods.
ThedaCare in the Community
Rural Health Initiative
The Rural Health Initiative (RHI) helps us take care beyond our walls — to the farm! Our nurses visit farm families in their own homes, offering them health risk assessments, quick cholesterol and blood pressure tests, and overall advice on maintaining good health. RHI launched in 2003 after a ThedaCare-led Community Health Action Team (CHAT) heard directly from farmers and their families about health concerns. The program now serves Shawano, Outagamie, Waupaca and Marathon counties.
Our Foundations are active and visible in the community. From our work with P.A.R.T.Y. at the PAC to encourage healthy, responsible behaviors in young adults to donations for compassionate out-of-the-box care programs like the High Hopes Salon, where a licensed cosmetologist provides beauty services for cancer patients, if you’re looking to make a positive difference, chances are you’ll find our Foundations already hard at work.
Level II Trauma Care and ThedaStar
While we always hope your healthcare is about routine minor issues, we’re ready for serious traumatic injuries as well. In fact, Theda Clark Medical Center is the longest continuously verified Level II trauma center in Northeast Wisconsin with 24-hour coverage by board-certified emergency medical physicians and specialists. Our partnership with Children’s Hospital of WI-Fox Valley helps us provide pediatric trauma specialists as well, and the ThedaStar Air Medical helicopter helps us reach patients fast, with life-saving help.
We don’t reinvent the wheel when it comes to providing great care. We partner with others to get results.
- Encircle Health– We came together with local independent specialists to build Encircle Health. It is much more than a building - it is a new way of providing patient care. Primary care providers, specialists and ancillary services such as endoscopies, MRI, CT, mammography and lab services - are together under one roof to better coordinator and expedite healthcare. Our collaborative approach reduces paperwork and procedure duplications and avoids time delays, making your experience fast, easy and convenient.
- Catalpa Health – When we realized our communities faced a widening gap in the availability of mental health care, particularly for young patients, we collaborated with local competitor Affinity Health and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin-Fox Valley to create a new unified entity that provides the full continuum of pediatric mental health services.
- Midwest Bariatrics – ThedaCare is the longest, most successful hospital in northeast Wisconsin that offers bariatric surgery, and we do so at a Center of Excellence thanks to our partnership with Midwest Bariatric Solutions, which was founded by local surgeons. Together, we have been accredited as a bariatric program since 2006.
- Gold Cross Ambulance – Gold Cross is jointly owned by ThedaCare and Affinity Health. Both systems recognize the importance of working together to provide paramedic-level care for 911 medical emergencies, and non-emergency transport services. Gold Cross serves more than 240,000 people in 950 square miles of portions of Outagamie, Winnebago and Calumet counties. It is the only not-for-profit, regional ambulance service in the state. Our relationship with Gold Cross is also a wonderful example of how we share best practices and procedures, not only with ThedaCare staff or within hospital walls, but beyond to caregivers and EMS providers working in the community. They are an integral part in getting patients to our care, quickly.
- Fox Cities Community Health Center– The center provides comprehensive primary care services for the medically underserved in Outagamie, Winnebago and Calumet counties. It’s located at 1914 Appleton Road in Menasha. The clinic also offers dental services.